PENKI KONTINENTAI GROUP SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY POLICY
We strive to make sustainability an integral part of our business so that sustainability is inherent in any activity we take. We strive to be open, transparent, to establish a sincere dialogue. We commit ourselves to being aware of the public interest and taking socially responsible action because sustainable, responsible and ethical activity is our greatest asset.
Fields where we seek to make a difference
- We use advanced tools and technologies, as well as apply processes that meet ecological standards and help reduce the environmental impact of our operations;
- In accordance with the principles of sustainable development and pollution prevention, we implement cost-cutting activities, focus on waste sorting, promoting rational resource management and use;
- We apply advanced performance management and reward systems, enabling the development of personal, professional and general competencies. We respect human rights, and protect our personnel in the workplace;
- We pay special attention to our employees by organizing various seminars, corporate and social events;
- We support professional and ethical working relationships and take preventive measures to avoid discrimination, harassment, insults or any other inappropriate actions.
- We strive to ensure long-term progress in business and society;
- We regularly participate in public events and organize our own initiatives;
- We promote civil awareness, responsibility, resource conservation, and active cooperation with local communities.
- We promote ethical, transparent and honest cooperation with customers, suppliers, investors, and partners that help implement the principles of socially responsible business;
- We make sure that all information is presented in a clear and understandable way, is timely and not misleading.
Social responsibility activities
Care center “Viltis“
We support a neighboring center for intellectually-disabled people “Viltis”. We annually participate in the neighborhood festival “Draugystės tiltai” and in the street fair organized by the care center.
Animal shelter “Lesė”
We support the animal shelter “Lesė” where multiple of our employees volunteer. “Lesė” veterinary clinic is provided “Penki” fiber optic internet free of charge.
Social initiative “Darom”
Our personnel actively participates in the “Darom” social initiative by collecting trash in shared public spaces.
We have created an ATM software solution to enhance ATM accessibility for the blind and visually-impaired.
Lithuanian police department
We cooperate with the Lithuanian police department and provide any required online information on possible crime.
We joined the “DUOday” initiative. Every year, a person with a disability and an employee of our company spend one working day together.
Initiative "The Power of Coffee"
We support “The Power of Coffee” (Kavos galia) initiative, promoting work skills and social integration for individuals with intellectual disabilities. Young people serve coffee, cocoa, and tea from a car parked right under our office.